Anger rests in the bosom of fools, says the wise man. Often the question is asked if it is good to be angry.
Righteous Anger. Wickedness would be more prevalent if people did not get angry at wrongdoing. Anger therefore is good in a healthy dose and for an appropriate period, hence the admonition to be angry and not sin!
People are sometimes described as having “lost it” when anger is not positively utilised and rather retained and brewed, till it takes over and spills out, to the angry person’s detriment and not uncommonly to others’ detriment too.
- Not to be friends with an angry man so one does not learn his ways. Evil communication corrupts good manners.
- Do not make a habit of rescuing an angry man! Repeatedly rescuing an angry man prevents him from learning the consequences of his behaviour. There would be more accidents and lives lost, if there were no consequences for jumping red lights. Proverbs 19:19
- It is a waste of time rescuing an angry man from the consequences of his anger, for you would have to keep doing it. Proverbs 19:19
- Angry man stirs up strife, but one slow to anger calms strife down. Proverbs 15:8
- The one who has control over his spirit is greater than the person who conquers a city. Proverbs 16:32
Anger should therefore be used in making positive changes, ensuring positive transformation with anger at wrong doing. Anger should not be let out without the mind processing it for better use besides it being uncontrollably let out.