Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? For riches certainly build themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward the heavens. Proverbs 23:5
Walking in the principles of wealth creation has been described as an exciting journey, with valuable lessons, sometimes painful, that empower in making wiser decisions.
A simple way to remember 5 principles described in “The Richest Man in Babylon” is the discipline of SMILE!
1. Save at least 10% of your income. It may help to reflect on how much has come in in the past 5years and how much has been saved from it. Ouch! Thinking of the savings from the past year’s income may just be as painful….hmmm. Everyone else gets paid besides the one who earned it! Pay yourself first , SAVE!
2. Make your money (savings) work for you. Put your money to work and let it serve you! This is multiplying your savings to get the most from it!
3. Invest in what you know! Don’t rely on someone else’s knowledge without your understanding what your money is being put into! Many fingers have been burnt and valuable assets lost by relying solely on a “good friend’s” knowledge in an area of investment. Know your own tools.
4. Learn from wise men/ experts to invest. This helps to protect your money.
5. Emotions can be misleading! Easy come, easy go! If it’s too good to be true, It probably is!
Money management is more important than having money! Understanding the principles of money is an important part of being wealthy! Wealth is being healthy spiritually, physically and mentally, with the manifestation of holistic health including generating valuable assets and healthy relationships.
Having money is not being wealthy! A healthy read is “Money won’t make you rich” by Sunday Adelaja.
It is health that is real wealth, and not pieces of gold and silver. ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Wealth is Health!